StoneRidge Fellowship Baptist Church, Lower Sackville, NS
Position: Senior Pastor
StoneRidge Fellowship Church (StoneRidge) is an evangelical Baptist church with a track record for biblical teaching that holds God’s Word as the highest and best authority for people’s lives. As a thriving community of believers, the people of StoneRidge highly value relationship with each other and the community. Our current Vision is “We exist to glorify God by multiplying God-exalting, gospel-centered, world-transforming believers through the bold proclamation of Jesus Christ in the HRM and around the world.“
StoneRidge was founded in 1976 as a small group who met weekly in a rented hall in Lower Sackville. In 1980 a property was acquired and a church was built which was expanded as the congregation grew. In 2009, sensing the need for future growth opportunities, StoneRidge moved to a more central and expanded location where a new facility was built.
Today StoneRidge is a multi-staff church with an average Sunday morning attendance of 300-400 and is well positioned for continued growth in the coming years.
StoneRidge Fellowship Church is searching for their next Senior Pastor who will be the church’s spiritual and pastoral leader. He will also provide overall guidance and be the primary face for StoneRidge to the church and community as a whole.
The Senior Pastor will be an effective communicator of Biblical truth in a culturally relevant manner that will inspire life change. He will have a shepherd’s heart for the church and a passion for what makes StoneRidge and the surrounding community unique.
As a highly relational and collaborative leader, the Senior Pastor will provide leadership to the church and staff team. He will develop the leadership potential of staff as well as lay leaders in the church.
Working closely with the Board of Deacons and with engagement of the congregation, he will collaboratively cast vision.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated success leading multiple staff within a growing multigenerational church.
While a Masters of Divinity degree is preferred, consideration will be given to candidates with a minimum of a diploma/degree in Biblical Studies (or equivalent). The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning together with personal and professional development.
Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia is a suburban community of 22,000 people centrally located in the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM). With a population of over 400,000, HRM is known for its strong government and military community, post-secondary institutions, financial services industry, and oceanography, health and high tech sectors.
Almost completely surrounded by ocean, Nova Scotia is famous for warm Maritime hospitality, beautiful beaches and seacoast, rich history and engaging culture. A great place to live!
To apply for this position please submit cover letter and resume in confidence to… email@example.com
The Senior Pastor shall provide general spiritual oversight, comprehensive leadership of pastoral care of the congregation, and overall guidance of church ministries, staff and lay leadership of StoneRidge Fellowship Baptist Church
• Set the spiritual tone through his personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Preach and teach the Word of God in a sensitive and relevant manner with the study and preparation necessary to cultivate effective evangelism and discipleship.
• Direct and watch over the various collective ministries and maintain the biblical and doctrinal integrity of the church.
• Pray regularly for the church family, staff and leadership and all areas of ministry.
• Provide spiritual guidance, instruction and counsel as needed in a caring and compassionate manner.
• Ensure that pastoral care is provided in an effective and timely manner, grounded in truth and grace.
• Collaboratively initiate and develop vision for the overall direction of the church and communicate the vision with the objective of motivating the church family to commitment in that vision.
• Work with the Board of Deacons in the overall leadership of the church. Provide executive leadership including financial oversight for the church staff, and offer support, counsel and encouragement to lay ministry leaders.
• Oversee the training and development of all church individuals in their areas of discipleship, evangelism, teaching, leadership and service.
• A clear commitment and personal loyalty to Jesus Christ.
• Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, and the biblical leadership qualifications described in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
• Agreement with the Statement of Faith, By-Laws and Position Statements of StoneRidge Fellowship Baptist Church.
• Strong in biblical preaching with a mature understanding of the scriptures.
• History of faithful ministry experience including successful leader of multiple staff within a growing church.
• Possess organizational and administrative abilities.
• Capable of effective delegation, leadership development and interpersonal relationships.
• Ordained or eligible to be ordained within The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada. (M Div. preferred.)